Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Languages

We all speak different "languages". Seriously if you think about it each person has a unique way of communicating. Last night during a very long chat with a good friend of mine (who is always the one I call on long road drives as it's our catch up time, cause we can't seem to talk for 20 minutes, nope we be the 2 hour peeps) it occured to me that I speak "guy".

Me - guy speak: let me explain

Me - I'll call you back (click)
Guy speak - not today but sometime this week, cause I get preoccupied

Me - that looks fine
Guy speak - there is no way I'm telling you that it doesn't fit all that well unless you are truly wanting to know and noone ever does, if you say "really, tell the truth"

Me - I'll get to it
Guy speak - when I have nothing else to do

Dave - minimalist speak

Dave - Love you
MS - you are my world

Dave - yep
MS - I totally agree with you, or absolutely you should do that

Dave - (click)
MS - bye, have a great day, or see you later, or ok, talk at you soon

Dave - hmmmm
MS - I am commenting on that extremely long and weird story you just told cause I honestly have no opinion on what you said....... or I don't agree with that and I have completely different views or you are a jackass and I'm done with this conversation

A girl I worked with once: airhead speak

Her - I don't have it ready yet
AS - I'm too busy blogging

Her - I don't know
AS - I'm too busy doing my party planning to look it up

Her - (dumb look)
AS - why do people think I know this........

My previous boss: military speak

Him: Get it done
MS: Or I'll kill you

Him: There's no coffee
MS: Someone is gonna die

Him: My office now
MS: Someone is fixing to die, NOW

Him: Speak
MS: I better like the answer or you will die

So......I'm trying to figure out what language my kids speak? So far, I'm learning they quote movies like their dad in response to my questions way too often and they laugh alot too. I'm thinking....they must have developed their own language. Little stinkers.