Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, April 5, 2010

Personality

One of the things I enjoy most about homeschooling my kids is the freedom it gives me to oversee their curriculm. I have found little ways to tweek what they are learning and when they are learning it to suit it best to my kids for instance: Duchess is now doing 2nd grade math in the 1st grade as it's the challenge she needs and MOMMY IT'S FUN! Princess had a month of straight math review as her Utah curriculm was behind in what the A Beka curriculm considered 5th grade math.

However, here is another one of those proud mommy moments for me. Princess has been a poor speller for ages. Honestly she gets it from me as I stink at spelling. Hello spell check! However, the A Beka curriculm is meant to teach our kids a lesson while educating them.

Case in point: Princess' spelling words for last week, the subject was Personalities: The Traits you want to Possess

Energetic
Optimistic
Generous
Trustworthy
Serious
Humorous
Individuality
Faithful
Dependable
Honorable
Diligent
Reliable
Humility
Joel (book of the bible)

Honestly, would I see this spelling list in a public school?

I have never yet.

I'm so thankful that the Lord led us to homeschool my kids. They aren't the only ones learning so very much.