Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, April 10, 2010

Merry Go Round of Llife

I love the ride we're on.....ups and downs, this life is truly what you make of it. I am so thankful for the stage my life is in right now. I love my 30's. I learned from the lessons of youth, I have become comfortable with "me" and frankly I like myself. Although I tell myself all the time that I need to do something about those eyebrows all the time!

Times aren't always roses. There are times when I get cabin fever living in such a small space. There are times when I go outside and do meditation to get over aggravation. There are times that the sheer amount of errands drive me nutso crazy.

But strangely enough I don't miss my house. In fact, I don't even think of it as my house since my renter is proving to be quite responsible and awesome. The kids and I have taken to saying stuff like, "when we settle..." meaning when we get another house, we need this. I love that they are embracing this decision as much as Dave and I are.

Being around so many bigger cities, Beaumont, Houston (mega-city) has me realizing that I'm not missing urban living at all. This surprises me somewhat, cause I totally adored living in San Diego, Tulsa, and Chicago. But lately it's the wide open spaces that are calling me. I casually mentioned the other day to Dave that I'd be interesting in buying some acerage somewhere to eventually build on and the man gave me the biggest sweep off my feet ever. I think at some point we all return to our roots. I want my kids to know the joys of growing up in small small town area. But we'll see.

But for now, I'm gonna enjoy the merry go round of my life.......