Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, March 13, 2008

Naked, Oiled up and Snow

That is the name of my new band. No, seriously that is my dilemma tomorrow. It's the companies annual ski trip, except I don't ski. Hmmmm, so they gave me spa credit instead. Oh geez I think I can manage that.......if I have to.

So I get up early, drive up the mountain to the lodge, spend a couple hours in the spa and then curled in front of a fireplace waiting on the skiers to come in for lunch. We all lunch together, have a lovely time (while I die from not having had a ciggie in hours) and then after lunch, they go on and ski some more and I go shopping, I mean.......I go home.

Except, the spa is stupid and thinks it the pooh, so a simple manicure is really outrageous. So I figured I'd get more bang for their buck by picking a procedure.

Get this, the chick that hates to be naked, is getting a body polish.

First off, I had to call and ask what a body polish is, apparently they exfoliate your entire body, massage oils into you and then do the whole hair/face thing. Okay, sounds good. Until I get my reminder call today that reminds me that since I'll be naked I might want to bring socks to keep me warm.

WTF?

Hey, any of you with money who visit spas, could you tell me if this is normal or are they getting freaky with it.

So I'll be naked, oiled up and then it's snowing all weekend. Dang.

For tonight: To Do
1. Shave
2. Buy a good book
3. Map out my trip
4. Pack socks
5. Pack mask so I can't see them see me naked
6. Pray for an old lady technician
7. Double check the shaving, can't shame myself

I'll bring pics back

Of the snow, skiers and lodge, not me naked and oiled, I promise