Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Griswalds take to Hiking

So we spent all day on a hiking adventure. Before we even left the house I dropped the poker case (shiny steel) on my foot and did the hop around and punching the wall thing to which Duchess drops her shoes, runs to get a bandaid and is chasing me around in my hopping circle trying to put it on my boo boo. Dave announces that he found the circus and we were worth the entrance price. Turd. Then we all got new hiking shoes and after lunch at Jason's Deli where I had a REAL TUNA SANDWICH on their new yummy, awesome gluten free bread, I damn near cried. I forced myself to eat the entire thing after giving everyone a bite. It was huge and good. So good the manager stopped by to ask if it was okay cause I was sniffling and trying not to cry and I begged for a loaf. Turns out all the "test kitchens" got 2 weeks worth of GF breads and it was only a week into it and they were all almost sold out! So he said tuesday he'd have a loaf to spare when the truck came in. Apparently there are alot of peple like me. I heart Jason's.

Then it was into the woods with Murph-ster. We started (Dave's idea, he was ringmaster of this circus) with a 2 mile path. Me and Duchess in jeans rolled up, Dave and Princess in khaki's. We were covered in sweat by mile 1 and Murphy had gone from "pee tree happy crazy" walking to merely leading at a trot. Then mile 2 saw us dragging Murphy and Duchess. After we stopped for them to snack, where Dave realized that he'd eatten the only snack that didn't have wheat in it, we hit the bathrooms at the ranger station and headed on for another path. The next one about killed me. A "fitness" path, whoever thought of this is an evil person who really needs to be run over with my car. Every 1/4 of a mile there was a workout station (stretching posts, push up bars, pull up bars, sit up stations, etc) where Dave and the kids were all pumped about trying out etc. Man the 7 bottles of water I'd drank up till then hit and I wound up doing the peepee dance for 2 miles. I was not a happy camper. Too many people on the paths to pee in the woods and my peeps stopping constantly to "fitness". Finally we get back to the truck, hit the ranger station for me to pee....where I had to PEEL my jean capris from my body cause of the sweat! Nasty right? It was only in the mid-70's too. Crazy sweat I did.

Then Dave went to water Murphy and realized that I'd drank 7 of the 9 bottles of water he'd brought. What? My hands were swelling so I needed the water, duh. Besides he was wearing the backpack, can't believe he didn't count them as he was handing them over. So we stopped for Murphy some water, as Dave is in the store buying more water, Murphy empties the contents of his stomach into the backseat of Dave's truck. Little man was clearly not up to such a hike. Spoiled dog.

I'm pretty sure I was snoring and drooling in the front seat off and on the way home too.

But we finally got home and showered where I promptly about died from hunger, remember they ate my snack. I ate like a trucker for dinner then promptly fell into a coma. I'm exhausted....but after church we're doing it again. I think there is something wrong with us.