Montana and North Dakota have become home.... dang it lol.
Lord help me but these babies wear me out.... they are just perfect!
Yes, it's from last winter but I adore this shot...so us....
This kid glows from the inside out... my almost 11 year old!
Favorite sport: embarrassing our kids in public
My mini-me is finding her own way in life
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Soooo I'm soaking my cares away. I'm tired. Got new stock today, spent time getting it online. Sold two pieces asap. Nice! Got our hang tags in.
Duchess had a friend over. It was squeal city. Spoilt her with a new origami owl locket....hers was custom to reflect her. Soccer charm. Piano charm. Birthstone. Book charm. Cross. She loved. So awesome to see her smile so big.
Princess had volleyball and a nap. She was up all night prepping her deer she shot. More on that....
Dave got the semifinal word.... we will b reloing. No Canada though. Thankfully. North Dakota. we will take it. Closer to civilization. I'm already house shopping.
Oh and it snowed. First snow of season. Still dumping away out there!
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
I did it. I drug my ass back into the gym. It seriously was an accident. Dave came in late and I was pulling an apple pie out of the oven. I was like want dinner (leftovers), pie or the gym. Cause I'm a snarky B.
So there we were ten minutes later in the gym. Turning lights on and enjoying our stretches. Love that keyless entry crap. Peeps I'm very real and very comfy around my husband so when I'm stretching and loudly farted... I giggled. Hes all "yo you farted..." and thats when it happened. We heard them.
Apparently there is an evening yoga class that likes the lights dim and shit.... in the classroom off the main gym. They heard it all.
When they eventually rolled out.... a few only thankfully I was all causal on the elliptical. .. like yeah I farted.... so what.
Dave just shrugged and went to kick the boxing bags ass.
Now.... since I'm still waiting on my feet stuff I'm limiting my workouts for first two weeks to low impact for my knees. :) so don t expect me to lose 20 lbs overnight.
The pie doesn't help either. Crap.
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
I'm sitting here at the dentist waiting on Duchess to get her teef cleaned. Its me, my gorgeous "feels like butter" orange purse, and the zit from hell. All sharing a couch. We're chatting. Zit says hello.
The sweet receptionist lady is within three feet making her reminder calls and smacking that damn gum like its gravy flavored. Oh sweet hell.... I can't even look at her at this point.
Monday, October 21, 2013
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Friday, October 18, 2013
My bags came in today. They are very sweet. I hate cheap bags and although I'm not ready to have custom bags though. The initial cost of setting up the design and run is just not something I'm willing to pay... so I took our two main colors and rolled with it. I got a clearance bag, sweet little red plastic shopper with pop out bottom and some blue tissue paper. We already have our shipping bags but we needed something for trade shows and trunk shows. Can't really be sending people away with recyclable walmart leftover bag now can I? (pssst: totally did that last time) So I have my stickers I've printed with our logo on my own printer.... I just toss one of them on the corner of the bag and there you go. Affordable for now. :)
My banner also came in. Since we are doing more trade and trunk shows... need something. So I made a banner online for $20. Seriously, $20 for a huge banner. I love finding way cheap shit.
Now seriously fun.... I've created our very own hanging price tags. You know the kind.... 2 inches by 4 inches... double sided... one side is just gorgeous photo of my kid in one of the outfits and the other side has some squiggles and our official log and "item: and price:" nice........... I finally figured out my damn DPI problem, thanks Mae for talking me off my ledge. I'm awaiting the final proof and then I'll have 1000 of those babies coming my way.... in fact.. let me figure out a way to blank our store name and I'll upload the front of the tag here...
See, there you go. This is my brilliant design. I love this photo of her and the effects. I just hid our store name. It's been a long time since I've gotten to really play with digital design. I'm in love with out store website too, again something I've slaved over.
Tomorrow I have big plans. I have Dave and I are having a corporate meeting. I do so love those. They have cookies and usually a shake. Our company is the best. Legally here are the officials for the company:
VP Ops: Princess
VP Marketing: Duchess (kid is a marketing genius, don't laugh)
Anyway, we are working on logistics. Princess and I have two trunk shows coming up and two trade shows ... in the next 30 days. Good lord. So Dave is helping us to build a portable changing room. What better way to let people fall in love with our goods than to try them on! Wish us luck.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
- thankful for my husband - we've grown so close and he's amazeballs. I pray for his continued favour with his job. I am thankful that he lets the Lord lead him. I'm floored by his love for us.
- my children - they are just astounding. Duchess is so smart, gentle hearted and has a dry wit that leaves me speechless. Princess is vibrant, loyal and full of life, I find myself smiling whenever shes around.
- my Murphy - that boy just brings me such love. He is my constant companion and frankly, I spoil him rotten. He has his own comfy electric blanky because this little fellow deserves to be warm and frankly it's already getting butt pimple cold up in this murther.
- we are together - there are so many drawbacks to life on the move life we live. However, I really can't think of any right now. I'm with my person and my children are thriving. We are together. I'll take that!
- my work - the shop is thriving and it blows my mind. If we continue as we are, will be turn a profit by Jan 1st. Recouping and repaying our savings for the initial capital funding.
- my health - after months of tests and doctor visits, we finally have an answer to my hip and leg pain... my broke down ass has an ankle deteriorating and collapsing arches so basically it's all about my feet yo. fun. but what a blessing. stuff that can be addressed and otherwise I'm a healthy horse.
- the gym - that I rejoined but still haven't been. day four. we. will. see. do. not. judge. me.
Saturday, October 12, 2013
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
I'm sitting here looking for the perfect indoor cabana so I have a changing room for trade shows. And I'm snacky.
I'm trolling the kitchen. I sit back down. I get up and check the freezer. Then I sit back down.
Dave, without looking up from the tv.... "get some chips, you like crunchy"
Me.... "oh and there's cheesy"
Dave "nachos, beast, make me some"
Yeah, we're a pair aren't' we.
Friday, October 4, 2013