Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Dream of Bathrooms

What do you dream of? I dream about bathrooms. Big shiny bathrooms with crome fixtures, a very deep tub, gorgeous sinks with hot water that rolls out plenty and plenty of hot water. I have taken complete advantage of the never ending hot water of my past........cause we get 6 gallons at a time. It's freaking tough. But I get to snuggle to my guy every night now so that really makes up for the lack of hot water. But I miss hot water. I now compose ditty songs to hot water in my head.

For our 11 year anniversary, Dave drug me (okay okay, I begged and he said yes) to Vegas. I don't travel alot, or I didn't so I don't have hotel preferences. I did book travel for VIPs for many years so I know what hotels appeal to those guys but when it came time to book a hotel for Vegas all bets were off. So I did priceline for a good hotel on the strip.

Oh baby, Planet Hollywood was amazing. The food was good, the gaming was okay if that is something you like, the bed was comfy, the room theme was Pulp Fiction which was fun. But the bathroom: oh sweet baby jesus..........the bathroom....I climbed in the sunken tub fully dressed and stayed in the dry tub until Dave drug me out for dinner. I probably spent most of our four days in Vegas getting pruny in that tub.

So see bathrooms are super important to me. And although my rv has a tiny little bathroom, the thought of a big ole bathroom is the only thing tempting me back to a normal life. So the solution the best I can tell, is to plan the girls and I a field trip that requires an overnight at a hotel....chosen on the size of the bathroom alone.

It's amazing that as we have spent 4 months on the road, we actually talking about doing this till next summer. Our goal is to have Princess back in regular (Christian) school by 7th grade. So since it's unlikey to get a tub in an rv, I'm gonna have to step up my long distance field trips.

I'm just saying.