Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, April 9, 2010

Rustic

I'm feeling quite like a old timey pioneer woman lately. It could be the very limited contact with anyone not in my immediate family, or the spider I killed off my neck, or the cabin-ish feel of our rv....who knows.

Thank goodness for my friends who actually know and use my cell number. They are my sanity checks during my day. Shout out time: Mom, Mae, Case, Nic, and Mary...you keep me going! You guys listen to my Griswald experiences, understand my strange humor and keep me posted on big events, cause really there was a big earthquake in Cali on Easter weekend?

I like our rv, it's small and contained but cooking is a challenge. I seriously need to measure my kitchen so I can share the exact measurements with you but take my word on the fact that it's small. Smaller by quite a bit than my first apartment kitchen! The bathroom is so small that I regular get claustrophobic and bust out panting. We are looking to get a larger rv with more living space but honestly it can wait. We have other priorities right now. But I can totally get the whole prairie house thing. I have everything put away just so.......in it's own little place. We don't buy things we don't need cause we don't have the space. We use our storage to keep exercise mats, rollerblades, and etc to keep us active but honestly I feel like I'm missing something.....like I should have chickens or goats.......or something.....

I really like this though, it's like we've been "pulled" out of the world for awhile. It's good. No more rat race, no work dramas, no trying to do and have it all.......life is good.

I totally get why my buddy raises goats now......