Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another "Look" From the Man

So Dave constantly tells me I'm too naive and that I need to be more aware of my surroundings. This from the guy who is more than happy to run me through burglar simulations". Nothing says I love you like teaching you the best home defensive positions in the middle of the night. So yesterday came another moment in my life where he stood with his hands on his hips, lips pursed, worry wrinkles on the forehead and just shook his head, this = the look. To be honest, I don't get this look alot but I hate getting this look.

Sigh. So I ran by Sonic before we got home to grab some drinks and some sonic bags of ice when it happened. Broad daylight, decent neighborhood...I pull in lower my window and push the button. Since Murphy was along, Princess had her rear window down half way cause he likes to do the "hanging out the window with my beard blowing in the breeze" thing. A youngish man suddenly appeared at that back window and got this far "Do you have a couple dol....ARGH" before Murphy had to be dragged back through the open window cause he was trying to eat this guy. The guy wanted money and was approaching a car full of women. Turns out he had no clue that the car also held 20 lbs of "not my family" people hater Murphy. Turns out my little "snottie" dog is bred to be protective and I'm so glad he is.

But when I was explaining to Dave why there was a tiny extra steak on the grill last night, for Murphy, the hero....I got the look.

So today I promise, once again, to be more aware of my surroundings. I really need to start thinking like a cop, suspcious of everyone and everything. I tend to think more like a CareBear, all glitter, clouds, and songs. There's gotta be a happy medium.