Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, April 9, 2010

mommy's boy...

So this morning was a late one for my homeschoolers, since Dave is wrapping up his assignment here in Beaumont he is working 16 hour days. Poor guy, so I let the pe-pods stay up till he gets home to spend a few minutes with their daddy. Late night...

But as they are up and moving about, Princess doing study hall, which is my affectionate term for "you have an hour to get homework and projects like your book reports done" and Duchess wrapped in a quilt staring at the wall, sleeping with her eyes open, Murphy is all over in the mix. He and Princess wrestle every morning, which is hysterical cause it always ends with my 20 lb "snottie" dog yelping cause he is mad at her, running to my lap and wanting "kisses". He tattles on her, it's the cutest thing and I can set my clock by it every morning.

For someone who is NOT a dog person, this little momma's boy has me completely wrapped around his finger. I even scoot over at night so he can sleep next to me on the edge of the bed leaving me snuggly stuck between Dave, who sleeps all over and Murphy, who has to lay his head on me with his body all stretched out. I get very little bed room.........it must be love.