Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, August 26, 2010

Everyone Has One

I adore my family. I have a very large extended family that just rocks. We're a little crazy, a little strange and a whole lotta country but I wouldn't trade my family for nothing! Very few of us live outside of our hometown area but we try hard to get together sometimes and it's like a big ole carnival whenever we come into town. And make no mistake we make some big sized trouble together.

So I thought I'd put my guard down a little and introduce some of my family to you. I had very little room on my memory card so I didn't get the amount of pics I wanted but here we go.


My uncle and his grandson. My uncle is a man of few words but is always there if you need him.

So let me introduce you to this strange pic. See my momma and daddy sent me a Wonder Woman shirt cause I guess I'm not hiding my superpowers very well. And that foot belongs to my daughter as she is carrying on an age old tradition of trying on and wearing my grandmothers' shoes (seriously she came home with a pair) and this guy. Well he's my youngest uncle and he was my college roommate and there when Dave and I were doing our falling in love dance to offer wit and encouragement. I adore him. But this picture was us trying to find a way to get rid of our wrinkles for pictures. It was a diaster. snort.

So we dance. With each other. With no music. At any given time.
This little dinner was hosted by my pearl wearing, proper Southern grandmother, Nanny, and her husband, Noel, who is known as Big Daddy cause he can get anything done. They bought a house in my hometown to be near the family and are in the process of majorily redoing this house, God Bless'em.


We had a HUGE family reunion while I was there. All the family and families of my grandfather and his siblings, none of who are still with us. And cause we b the smart side of the family, we have a waterslide and bouncy house for the kids and a tent and huge industrial fans for the adults. And no beer, cause it was the smart side of the family.
So Hi girl, this is my cousin's wife and oldest son.

And again with my girl, Duchess. Who'd changed into her "real" clothes so she could get in line early for lunch. That is totally my child. We think at least 5 steps ahead of most people.

I love these peeps. I went to high school with this chick, who looks way to young to have been in my class all though school. And this is the oldest of us cousins (I'm the next in line) who is not only a vet but a cop. Cause we raise'em up good in our fam.

This is the long time beau and husband of my nurse practioner cuz. He is really the sweetest guy on the planet and so fun. My girls just flock to him.

Nanny and Big Daddy chilling in the shade at the reunion. I'm getting a thumbs up cause I was showing her my pearls. Notice the extremely hawt shoes she's wearing.

The cousin who ranks under me in the age list, he works in the oil fields similar to what Dave does and he can tell a story like you wouldn't believe.........actually we know better to believe. See his sister-in-law's face? She knows better.

Sweet baby girl and my Princess. These two were partners the whole weekend. So much fun. I swear she looks just like my cuz the cop with earrings. You can totally tell she is his little girl.

Hamming it up for the camera.

Now we are a family divided. Half of us are serious rummy players. Like kick your ass around the block rummy players (seriously, don't ever play for money with us) and the other half are domino people. It actually causes quit the friction between tables. ;) But I'm sure every family spends alot of their evening talking major shit.

At some point, I partnered up for rummy and Duchess took over as the photographer. Everything was blurry and too close up to show. Dang it.

Now Nanny is doing something extremely important here, she is showing Duchess how to properly close the bag of chips. These are life lessons people, and gives you a good idea of where I got my OCD from.

Big Daddy in his superman pose. I got a Big Daddy story for tomorrow that just kills me.

We cook from scratch, alot. We had spaghetti, purple hull peas, potato salad, cakes, cookies and pies. They are so awesome and always make sure that there is something I can eat too.

Then there's the photo ops. This is my sweet momma who is seriously the best thing ever. We're sunburnt and makeup less with bedhead but here we are. Me and my momma...who wouldn't straighten up and quit making silly faces so I pinched her. Opps. Notice my gritted teeth, I put some ompt in that pinch.

And this is my sweet uncle, my old roomie. And wow can I just say that I'm not normally so trashy as to wear a black bra with a white shirt. But it was a new present and I had to throw it on to model it. Judge not.

A better pic of us playing nice. He may be a deacon now but when I look at this man I see two things: 1. sitting in the dark outside smoking and drinking wine coolers on our back porch while signing ABBA loudly and badly and 2. a very very good friend who truly knows me.

Oh look, we look serious here! Yeah!
Hopefully I'll have more pics soon from my 48 hour trip. Cause oh boy did we have fun.
And I do have to find a pic of my sweet cousin who ripped a heavy old oak bathroom door off the hinges in the bathroom at an upscale decorative store when she got locked in. I seriously about wet my pants thinking she was hurt but turns out the lock was stuck and poor baby is worse than me about small spaces. Apparently they heard me scream in the back of the store. It really says something when I scream loudly and all the sales people in the store come running in to check on us but we had to go find our moms and aunts who were shopping and just look up and go "what'd you do now?".....sigh.......
More later.