Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, November 20, 2011

Awe

Sometimes life slows down to a creepy crawl. In the middle of utter chaos, it's almost like someone threw the slow-mo switch. Today in the middle of cleaning out my fridge I had a moment. I thought about the upcoming move and how I was equally excited and mourning. I'm excited to go be with Dave on his ground and I'm mourning what I feel like I'm leaving behind. Except I'm not leaving the good stuff behind. God is so good to me.

My momma may not be in the same state with them this time next week but she's there. I can literally feel her in the same room with me when I talk to her. She's there! That's enough. She's the reason I am how I am today, she gave me the tools to be who I be. (So blame her if you have a problem with that, lol)

My bestie, BA will not physically be in the same state as well but nobody has the same stupid sense of humor as me. Nobody else likes to sit their ass in the same chair and watch tv together while talking shit and trading insults on facebook, like her. I've learned this leason with two other dear besties that to this day are urgently important in my life so I'm just gonna take her with me.

My work was a journey I so needed. But I made connections there I'll take with me and the peace that the journey brought will be with me.

This morning I sat across from Duch and had two typical Duchess conversations. 1. We need to google barrior islands because she is fascinated by them and wants to know how many are in the US. Ummm I have no clue. 2. Did I know there are a million different "nicknames" for the toliet. This kid is hysterically smart and she truely is a unique cat. I love that about her.

Prin is happy a little lark in the woods with her daddy and Don-Don hunting. She texts me about every hour to see what I'm doing without her. I may not be physically there, but I'm with her. Get the connection yet.......

And Dave, well we talked earlier about a number of random things and just hearing the smiling pride in his voice being there with his firstborn on her first hunting trip just brings this all into focus.

He's missed alot of firsts in their lives but previously that was out of our hands. Now, by working his ass off and making his own scheduling flexible and US MOVING to where his job is......... he's not gonna miss anymore firsts.

I'm in awe of how blessed my life is.

I'm picky about the people I let into my life and even pickier about the people that get to stay in my life but there is reason.

I'm honing in on the important, the necessary and the rest is static that I don't need. I'm just embracing my blessings today.

And trying to figure out how I've missed that rotted onion decomposing in the back of the veggie drawer of the fridge, nasty!