Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, February 25, 2008

The Beast


So yesterday was a very productive day, I grocery shopped and stayed well under budget. I made a lovely smothered pork chop and rice casserole for dinner with bread on the side, a lovely rosemary dusted combo, hello fancy! Oh and I also purchased "The Beast".
Like so many others, I spent way too much time on the appropriate aisle of Walmart trying to decide which machine I wanted. True, they have alot of models on display but I don't know about your Walmart but mine never has many boxes to actually choose from, lazy stocker people. But I found one I liked as it had the many features that I think is important in a shampoo-er (i.e. it pretty much runs itself) so I set out trying to find a price. Cause the box wasn't marked and the box info didn't match any of the tags and the bad boy was just too heavy to move myself. So after having it scanned and priced at a whooping $279 (I began drooling at that point) I was also told it was a deleted item meaning that nobody wanted to pay that so it wasn't selling. They would only carry cheaper versions........I hate cheaper versions. They suck. So I spoke with a manager and after explaining it my way, she said she'd sell it to me for 200. Score! I was in utter heaven, put that bad boy in my buggy and let's go to the checkout.
So I am now a proud owner of a beast. Which does all this and more....
"Bissell ProHeat 2X(R) CleanShot Upright Deep Cleaner:
-Offers CleanShot, heavy-duty spot cleaning at the push of a button
-Offers DryAire, heated air that dries the carpet while you clean
-Built-in heater heats tap water up to 25 degrees hotter for maximum cleaning
-2X Dirtlifter Powerbrushes — tough enough to get the deepest dirt, yet gentle enough to leave your carpets professionally groomed
-Custom clean allows you to choose between light, normal, heavy traffic and rinse settings
-Model# 9500"
Oh and the baby came with SIX attachments, I'm getting all excited just thinking about all the things I can clean with it. Hello couches and chairs........I have an attachment for you.....oh and carpet in my car.......you too........hardwood floor? Yep gotta covered. This is just gonna be fun.
So last night was the maiden voyage of the beast. I must say it went surprisingly fast and my floor was so pretty this morning, The Man actually remembered to take his shoes off in the foyer. Because wow honey, did you do the floor? It looks brand new........
The Beast and I are going to become quite close, I just feel it.