Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, September 3, 2012

Disney or D.C.?

So for the past several years, the hubs and I have noticed a trend. Since my kids' birthdays are both the week of Christmas, they tend to get a crapload of bounty! Seriously, they get alot of stuff. Then we notice that toys get stuffed away, clothes are never worn and etc.... because they just get too much. So we started parying that down to just some with one big nice gift. Cause their stuff tends to get bigger and bigger as they get older. I'm sure that this is not news to you peeps.

Being that we are doing our save, live cheap and make a difference in our life thing: we decided this year we are not doing that. Since the kids get clothes as needed yearround (frankly as wanted to) we decided that they will each get one gift per event. Yeah: cheapskate parents ahead folks.... one bday gift and one christmas gift.

Then for Christmas we will do a service project.... we're not sure what it will be but we'll be looking as we get closer.

So we're taking all the rest of the funds that we'd have spent, splitting that in half and and it's the perfect amount for a December family vacation.

Except, we can't agree on where to go.

Dave votes for Disney cause he's the fun parent. And frankly, a big ole kid, luv his face!

I vote for D.C. because I never got to go and I think it would be way cool for me and the kids to experience it together the first time. Dave has gone but only seen a little. Plus at Christmas, D.C. shouldn't be packed right? (And yeah I pulled the pity me card cause I reminded Dave that when everyone else got to go on the school trip to D.C., I couldn't go.....)

We haven't told the kids the location of the vacation yet, mainly because they will vote Disney and that is all she wrote. Although Duchess wanted Hawaii and Princess wanted a cruise. All I can say to that is wow.... people... wow. We're not quite there yet.... still got another year of Dave Ramsey before we can think like that. Good grief.

So yeah, we're still ironing it all out!