Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Countdown in On

My girls start school a week from tomorrow. Regular school. While homeschooling was awesome and we loved it, my little ones missed the social aspect of school so much more than we had anticipated. Like me and their mimi, they love to talk and have people around them.

I however am controlling the process with a firm hand. I picked the schools, I picked Princess' classes (turns out in 6th grade you do that now, huh!) and I have set about getting them organized. The only way to have organized kids who study is to teach them to be organized kids who study.

Watch us as we learn the hard way, lol. Then self-correct as you go forward.

This upcoming week is gonna be packed. Dave leaves on Wednesday for an assignment in Nebraska. I leave on Friday for a family reunion in Louisiana over the weekend and I have to get back here to start school Monday morning.

We're gonna be all over the dang place. Sigh...........really I'm tired just thinking about it.

But the good news is that it'll mean a whole lot of funny updates and pics...

So in a flash: our weekend

family night, scene-it (Dave won), Princess baked a cake and promptly got voted the family baker, movie night, and we managed to NOT start the kids on their new bedtime routine for school....cause we suck.

Tomorrow I have to find Murphy a pet sitter for this weekend, dig out my bathing suit for our trip, and mow the yard. It's gonna be fun. Oh and I'm gonna try to make apple fritters, GF of course.

Back soon, trying to enjoy my man while I have him in the same city as me.