Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home....

We made it home.

I have lunches packed, outfits laid out and ready, bags prepped and the alarm set. Kids are in bed and our new school year starts in the morning. Fun times I tell you.

This weekend was amazing fun with my family.

Highlights for now, pics and stories to come later in the week:

  • Someone got stabbed in the head with a fork during a push rummy tournament
  • Geese attached the golf cart
  • Duchess got over her fear of cemetaries
  • I stole some decor from my uncle twice (I stole, he stole back, I stole again)
  • I got the recipe for field snap peas, yum
  • I took the girls for a photo shoot out and around, dragging my mother along for their yearly August pics
  • Got to see my momma again
  • Found a back way to cut time off my trip
  • Found a back road that is twisting, winding lanes in the sticks and SO FUN to drive at 80 mph
  • Drove 80 the entire time in Louisiana forgetting that speed limit is 55 there, opps
  • Got recognized only once in hometown which is a new record
  • Didn't win the Powerball
  • Realized just how lucky I am to have such a family