Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

OCD? Check...

So I just put Dave on a plane to his next assignment.

I think I'm already lost.

I get so used to him being here. He's really one of the very few people who make me constantly laugh and it seems my laughter goes with him when he's working. Pity party for one? check.

So I've been home all of 1 hot hour and I can't stand it. The house is pretty clean but I kinda got ocd and started cleaning while the kids' play.

It spiralled down from there.

I got out a new book.

See, I have these awesome planners that I buy several everytime I see them on clearance (heart me some Walmart). I cracked a fresh book and started making lists upon lists upon lists.

Cause frankly, the kids start school next week and with Dave gone I need to stay busy. I might just wind up back at working outside my house.

I made the following lists:

1. lunches for the first two weeks of school....my kids prefer to take their lunches
2. Office organization, I have to make new files and get organized in the new house
3. home projects to finish
4. Meals for the next two weeks
5. Grocery lists for the next two weeks.
6. School to-do's for the next two weeks.
7. Chores to do about the house weekly by time slot

My OCD just cranks right up and takes over. Now I'm charting everything in my handy little book to make sure that I don't get all mopey and unproductive.

Good news is that this assignment should only last for three weeks. Also, Dave and I stay in constant contact so that makes me better. Also, after a day or so, I'll jump right back into what I call my "military-wife" mode of running our life. But until then, I'm taking my "book" and some chocolate to the bathtub.

Sigh.........I'm such a freaking annoying drama queen.