Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Night Lights

So it has begun....my girls have morphed into typical little girls.

It's all about Friday Night Lights.

My sweet little girls have donned the town colors (which are surprisingly super cute) for Fridays at school where each school has a pep rally and it's all about high school football.

Typical small Texas town and football REIGNS.

I haven't been this happy about going to a football game since my own school days. (and side note, I can't fit into my outfit any longer and I sure can't kick over my head from a standing position but I can do one heck of a jump still as proved by almost killing my leg muscles in the yard earlier thanks to my evil-ish child who dared me, ouch)

We have our tickets, my youngest is sporting a cute little cheerleading outfit that the neighbor passed down to her and we're geared up for our first football game of the season.

I seriously hope these kids don't suck. And I really hope their band is good cause our football team way back when may have kinda sucked but our band ROCKED.

So if you're looking for us on Friday nights.....we'll be in the home stands peeps. It is really awesome to be back in a small town. There's no place like a small town. I'm really not surprised that I have come full circle back to that. It feels right.