Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, August 17, 2010

oh Lord, sweet baby Jesus

I have lost 4 lbs since Dave bought my new mower.

Now this is huge especially when you consider that I have been cooking up a storm and eating up a storm. Hello!

Turns out that mowing an acre yard, twice a week with a self-propelled mower at noon time in black clothing will make you sweat more than you ever thought possible. Between that and my free weights I'm doing better than I did when I was in the gym. And it's cheaper. And my yard looks better than my neighbors which really is the important part right? right?.....right? I have this thing about my yard being nicer than the yards around me, it's a Southern thing. The same reason why my kids are accessory people, it's all about the little extras. Yet another reason I wear pearls to Walmart..... I have no excuse really, it's just my thing. And now you know my horrible secret. Moving on.

I do so love the look and smell of a freshly mowed yard. We did it just in time for the winds and storm to blow in. So far I have escaped pictures too because my oldest in now threatening to take a picture of me in my mow wear...which includes a black tank, black nylon shorts and knee high rubber boots. I have this horrible reaction to fire ant bites hence the boots. But I am one hot mess when I mow. But I sweat BUCKETS. Sexy is back!

But in addition to getting my yard straightened out today, I pulled my car up on a crest in the front yard and Dave figured out where the squek was coming from. Now to make a mechanic appointment to have my tie rod screws replaced. We finally got off our tushes and picked the tile to replace on the top of our coffee table....really this is a finish to a story that started awhile ago when I purchased the table in one of my uber dober shopper moments. I actually posted the original picture when I purchased back in April of 2007. The cracked and broken tiles on top made this coffee table a steal at an outlet....but the plan to retile just never happened, I kept stuff on top to hide the crack, lol. Ghetto much? But I hope to have new pics soon as we are waiting on the grout to set. It's purty and very unique I think. The tramp is up, on a level place in the yard and finally has all the newly purchased bolts to make sure it stays together no matter what. Dave has managed to get every honey-do thing on his list done.

Which is good cause he leaves tomorrow.....sniff sniff