Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, August 29, 2010

House Mommy Observations

So my babies have started school and I've noted several impressive things.

1. Princess is loving 6th grade.

This is huge to me. Going from homeschool I was a nervous wreck about how she'd do getting back into the regular school grove. She's doing okay. Turns out her favorite class is math (somebody pick me up off the floor please) and her elective, computer. Not only is she learning basic computer skills but she's learning technical stuff too. I like that.

2. Duchess is honest as the day is long apparently.

The child has this horrible compulsion to confess every sin to me. Usually out of the blue with no notice. So I know that last week she got two different warnings for talking during no-talk times. Once for yaking in the bathroom line and once at lunch. Otherwise she forgot to read her entire library book cause when tested failed it. But she let me know right away that it "was gonna be fine mom cause I'm gonna go ahead and do it again". Good lord.

3. Lunches are fun!

I send the kids' lunch each day because honestly I don't do the school lunch thing. Ever since I joined my kid for lunch once and had to drink milk from a boob. Those new plastic/baggie milk cartons look like breast implants and it was frankly strange to see 500 kids drinking from it. Gross. But back to the food. No. It's seriously not up to my standards, yes I'm a turd.

So I just finished prepping their lunches for the week: I'm getting way more creative

Mon: pizza muffins, grapes, hard boiled eggs and pretzels
Tues: grilled cheese, chips, grapes, oatmeal cookies
Wed: pasta salad with ham, pretzels, fruit cups
Thur: Turkey subs, chips, oatmeal cookies, hard boiled eggs
Fri: hog dogs, carrots/ranch, fruit kabobs, crackers

(by posting it, I have to stick to it, lol)