Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, August 7, 2010

More Carrot, Less Stick

So Dave has figured out what to do with our third vehicle. The issue of the third vehicle has been killing me. I have my car, he has his truck but we couldn't part with the 4x4 jeep. I used it in Ooootah cause of the ice and snow. And frankly it's a kick arse go anywhere jeep so I just can't sell it.

So last night, while dealing with pre-teen angst Dave reminded me we needed more carrot than stick. And this morning, he figured out his carrot. Our blue 4x4 rough and ready carrot.

So we're gonna give the jeep to Princess whenever she gets her license. Honestly it's a great first vehicle for a teen however we do have 4 years before she'll be legally able to drive it.

But we live in the country and country is as country does...

So we figure if we start her now, by the time she has a license she'll be as qualified as a NASCAR driver.

I love my life.

And my kid already drives better than 60% of the people I know. The odds will only increase.