Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, April 11, 2008

Boobs

Last night after dinner we were chilling, and by this I mean that I was curled up on the couch, Princess was drying her hair in front of the fireplace, The Man was reading on the loveseat and Duchess was sitting beside me drawing. Real quiet family time. Nice!

So I gave into temptation and leaned over and tickled Duchess which started a mini-wrestling match that ended with me accidently elbowing her in the chest.

"Mom, watch out for my boobs"

Could have heart a knat pass wind at that point people, not a word.

Immediately Duchess got red and pressed her face into my couch. Princess wasn't touchign this one with a 10 foot pole so she got real busy. The Man appeared to be frozen to the couch with a look of pure horror on his face.

So I did what any good mom would do in a room full of obviously uncomfortable people, I started talking about boobs and made sure to mention the word at least 20 times. Finally, everyone started laughing and after questioning Duchess 40 different ways, we got nowhere on where she heard that. Finally she loudly announced that noone said boob around her, but that she knew it cause she was smart. Yeah, I got nothing, so we'll go with that.

So since we're all uncomfortable and feeling pervy, we opened the floor to all questions about boobs.

The Man opened with "Why do you need to wear a bra"

Google and I answered that quite nicely I think.

The girls got into it too, some of the questions were off the wall but other were intelligent and surprising. Wow, they really had alot of ask about boobs.

So once that was over and we closed the floor on boobs, Duchess asked what body part was next, The Man had held his own till then, then he ran to the garage and started up some power tools.

So I noticed something, after the initial shock of the subject, my kids were totally comfortable talking about boobs with their dad and me. Their dad was holding his own, deferring most answers to me but involved. I was so proud of him.

I am really hoping we can keep the round robin thing going on with the BIG subjects so that my girls know the door is always open.

If if Duchess has biggers boobs than me one day, like she assured me.