Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, January 11, 2010

Louisiana Trip







Memory lane is a long winding road. I don't go home often. I worked so hard to leave that little town behind a long time ago, yet it seems that that laidback, slow little town still holds alot of appeal. I'd never move home but I've realized that something similiar is what I'm looking for, to raise my kids. But visiting is great, especially when it's been 5 years since I've been back home. I got to see my family and meet my newest little cousin. My kids got to take the brief trip down my memory lane, like they did Dave's in Tulsa. It was a great trip.
Best of all, being back with my family. I got to hold Dave's hand while walking the areas that made up my childhood. My old house is literally falling apart, abandoned and so very sad. But that is okay, time moves on. My old high school looks tired and worn out. Not nearly as fun and lively as when I was part of a graduating class of 75 people. You can't really go home and frankly that is okay with me. But it was great to see my family. Who dropped everything for our last minute visit and not only had a big ole cooking but made sure to cook something I could eat.
There really is nothing like Louisiana; the moss hanging from the trees, the homes spread out on large lots with big ole trees, doors left unlocked while people are at church. It really has a certain appeal. I love being from the sticks. But those sticks just aren't for me. One day we'll settled in some other sticks, somewhere else.
But for now, we're mobile. And I have a trailer to finally get organized. Rv living with pics coming soon. (As soon as I find a place for everything, school starts officially on Wednesday so I have to get busy!)