Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, January 14, 2008

Things You Just Thought You'd Want to Know

Have you ever thought....hmmm well I wonder what her closet looks like? Well after reading blogs and looking at pics of everyones houses and stuff, yeah I wonder that too. So since I was obviously house bound for almost a week, I took pictures of things I'd like to share with ya. Things that if you were a visitor to my house, I'd make sure you didn't see.....ever....

Starting with under my stairs. We have this odd shaped closet. So here we have freak reason #1 The Man refuses to get rid of our packing boxes, because we WILL move again and he hates to have to look for or buy boxes. So we store them under the stairs, along with other crap we just refuse to throw away......like his fins....we used those a long time ago when he swam two hours a day, but you never know when you're gonna needs some size large fins.

The Euro mount deer head, one of many that graces the walls of my den. This is the argument that has lasted most of my marriage. I refuse to have them in the livingroom, so instead each house we live in, we juggle them around until one or the other gives up. When they wound up above my bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPES! I gave in and they now grace the walls in our den.

My closet. This was scary and I was so tempted to clean it up first, or better yet, not share this but whimps we ain't, so here you go. You can see some of my purse collection up top. I like me some purses. The rest isn't impressive at all though. Opps, need to seriously vaccum.


The "drawer" in the master bath. Yep, I can't keep this thing organized to save my life. If only I could, then I could find the nail clippers we've been hunting for, the baby has wolf nails!


My pitiful attempt to create a centerpiece. Hmmmm cinnamon and pinecones in a glass bowl with obviously bought at Ross candleholders and candles that don't quite fit in there. This is not a skill that comes easily. Why can't I ever just find the perfect centerpiece?

His side of the bed. I didn't dust at all, can't you tell, my lamp is nasty! This is his side and it's got my foot lotion, tossed there after I begged and bribed and pleaded and cried till he rubbed my feet. His current book, that I've managed not to steal and read when he wasn't looking. My candles and a remote.

My side of the bed. Bobby pins pulled out of my hair at 5 am, funny I don't remember having those in there. Tummy meds, hello...... hand lotion and deo, a book and some dead flowers. He brought me those......awwwwwwwwwwwww.. oh and my hat. I love stupid hats, I think they rock.

My tub. Yep, that would be yet another bath I'm running there. But I've got my pictures and my girlie crap stacked in there. The only product I was a little embarrassed about leaving in the pic was my shaving cream.....it's called coochie and it's the best shaving cream on earth. My aunt is gonna kill me if she reads this part, can't believe I said coochie on the internet.....

My favorite, current purse. Hello green thingy you. I just love purses......This one matches my eyes.

Medicine cabinet, all the things necessary to survival....

All the things he needs to survive, this is depressing realy......

My favorite slippers. I wear these bad boys all over the house. The Man keeps threatening to shoot them as its duck season. I love them. They are happy feet.

My dearest Wiki, everyone meet Wikipedia, my fish.............isn't he handsome?


The one thing in the house that I turn on everyday. The Man's Christmas present. I love old records with a vengenance. So as soon as I get in, it's on...........

My girls doing schoolwork. Even though I have to be a full time working mom, instead of a homeschooling mom like I want, I keep extra work going on with my girls. We suppliment with homeschooling stuff.

I'm nuts about these people too........