Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Blessings

When the Lord moves, the Lord moves...

I needed new brakes and roters for my car before traveling it half away across the country. The problem is that Dave has always been my mechanic and I'm spoiled. Big time spoiled. So I started calling around to get quotes as he won't have time to deal with my car issues. Poor me. The problem is that these people have no conscious, at all. Sadly. So finally, I went to a place in my local town and I was flabbergasted.

Once again, the Lord provides. The man looked over my car and then straight into my face said, $180 for all of it. God Bless these mechanics. Not only does my car drive like a dream, my checkbook it happy too. Looking out for me!

So today, my former nanny backed her car up and loaded up a lot of toys, a tv and three bags of kids clothes. Rather than throw anything away, I was able to donate it to their family. I'm already working on the next load. No worries guys, I'm not tossing stuff that can be used by another family! :) I'm passing on the blessings.

Cross your fingers, I'm hoping to have all boxes packed by the end of this coming weekend. And so far I've just managed to make the largest mess in Utah. There is no walking through the house without full lights on! I'm hoping to have some volunteer packers tomorrow, hopefully that blessing will bear fruit.

Now I'm going to dig out my tea bags, I need tea.