Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, August 2, 2007

Where Am I going?

Things have really started settling down here in the land of mountains and muskrats. We have worked out a pretty good schedule and we're actually living life. Not just "living" as in waiting for the next move, the next big transition, we're actually living. It's a pretty cool concept, we should have tried this years ago...before I got grey hair and wrinkles and a shelf that has started to grow on my arse........that is another post though.

But now that we are settled, both with jobs and the kids in a routine. I have to ask myself, what is next? Somebody real close to me asked the other day why I'm never content....ummmm I didn't think you were suppose to ever be content? Content is the devil, it means no growth, no reaching, no stretching.....if you're content, can you actually go anywhere? I don't think its a bad thing not to be content. I am happy with my life (except the no smoking part and the arse shelf, but that is another post), my kids are thriving!, The Man is relaxing into family life, and that is swell. But life doesn't stop here.....

So what comes next? The Man and I were driving home last night, with the girlies snoozing in the backseat and I turned to him and asked him if he'd ever though about opening his own business....cause he has skills. True he is working in a completely different industry now that he is out of the Navy,but hey, he still has skills, and great great hands but that is another post....hee hee. We started talking about our 5 year goals and future plans, wow it felt great to plan and reach....cause people, you have to keep going....moving....stretching...conquering!

Next up for me? Finish that darn degree, keep myself on the Dean's List...I haven't made an I heart Myself wall yet but I have a file full of those little certificates that say I have a 4.0 average cause it's important to me! I have set that standard for myself and yep, gonna keep it going if it kills me, I'll sleep when I'm old!

Another plan.....we're planning on buying our first house next year, woohoo!!!!! Although in this valley the houses are as close to one another as they were in California, they don't seem to understand that when I'm standing naked at my sink brushing my teeth, I don't want to wave at my neighbor sitting on their toliet........seriously the houses are that close to together.....hello window blinds!

The Man is stretching too....he is taking his entrance exam today for college. He got accepted and is finalizing his entry stuff, he's joining the working stiffs who are losing all amounts of sleep to study at all hours of the night....guess I'll have to share my stash of no-doze with him now.

So where am I going? Up baby.....in my own time and my own way....across my own hurdles! Sometimes it's good to reflect on your path huh?