Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, January 15, 2010

But I had the fish....

In the interest of full disclosure and my goal of keeping it real around here, I have to do a breakdown of my evening, well just the highlights.

My blessed husband came home from work and told us to get dressed. Uncle Jon, who is a saint, was taking my kids to dinner and a movie while Dave was taking me out for some mommy time.

We had a great dinner, I had an appletini and dessert. FULL belly was me. Then we had some parent time. Enough said.

My kids however had a full and fun night. Uncle Jon has completely bumped me out of the cool zone. I can no longer hope to be cool. They had Taco Bell, went bungee jumping in a mall (which flabbers my gast cause hello, my kids? never could I have coaxed them into that), a movie and then games at Chuckie Cheese.

We sat here for an hour waiting for them to finally come home.....mom and dad actually came in before curfew, that was a new one.

So while we were sitting around waiting for our kids the conversation went kinda like this:

(please remember we've been together for over 13 years)

Me: What is that smell?
Dave: What smell?
Me: Is your work boots smelling like that?
Dave: Possible
Me: Well it's okay, cause I'm gassy
Dave: Can't be worse than those boots
Me: But I had the fish
Dave: I stand corrected

We're just as bad as old people in matching rocking chairs on the front porch of our old homestead.......

But we still got the heat!!!!