Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, January 14, 2010

Restless

Okay I hit my limit inside this place today. I'm restless. I am cooking a big ole dinner and then after dishes are done, I'm heading out to hit the treadmill and get rid of some of this excess. Cause it's killing me. I'm ipod-ing it while the kids watch a disney movie. Bless our hearts, momma is gonna need some momma time tonight.

Otherwise we got a good start on school today. Duchess flew through her language arts, which is just a review before we branch into new things. So proud of her reading skills. She was a little more hesitant to just do reading though....tomorrow I'm heading to the library to get her some skill level books. Tomorrow we might try to do school at the library in the morning, should be empty and plenty of tables. Princess loves the science but has trouble with some of the bigger words. Once I help her figure them out, she can tell me exactly what they mean so her comprehension is awesome, just need to get the reading on level.

Tonight we start 10000 leagues under the sea. It's our new book for the "momma reading to them each night" program. Everything I put my hands on says they will become better readers if I read TO THEM, not only have them read to me during schooling and such but they need to hear me read. This will be fun, I love this book.

So in the rain storm, I managed to wash all of our dirty clothes and my bedding. Now I can't find room to put it all away, sugar-honey-iced-tea.

But you know what, I'm looking out my window watching the American and Texas flags whip around like crazy in the sunset, rainy day. Life is good and I'm blessed.