Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Brought It With Me

I brought the cold weather to Texas. It's freaking cold as hell right now. Being that we bought a used trailer, Dave has been using two electric heaters until we could order another heating element and have it installed but I am ready to expediate this TODAY. I'm calling someone in to fix it asap. Cause we be tripping.......breakers constantly with 2 badarse heaters going nonstop. Thank you sweet Jesus that I don't pay electric here at this lovely RV park, we pay monthly so we get that break.

I know its cold because my sweet studly outdoorsman went to Wally World last night to purchase another set of flannels to work in. So yeah, it's freaking cold.

So I'd like to address the prejudice I ran across yesterday. Just thinking of it, pisses me off. I called the local school district to get the offical placement of my kids' school (long story, will address later but we will homeschool) and instead of being the nice brand new one down the road, it's 8 miles away in a HORRIBLE neighborhood. I refused to get out of the car. The reasoning when I called the district lady back, was that the grid was redrawn since alot of the parents weren't happy with kids from the trailer parks coming to their school.

Excuse me?

We are in one of two large RV parks next to the Interstate. They are nice, one has a lake for activities, both are top notch. I have an exercise room, a reading room, free breakfast, immaculate shower rooms/bathrooms, a pool, a playground, a pet playground and etc. This place is like a nice condo for RV's.

But since apparently a few of the kids' from here go to the local school, they moved this area into a school grid 8 miles away. The worst school in the area. I have to pass 4 elementary schools to get to the "right" one.

F%&^ that.

So today I gotta fix that.

And to cap things off, the LORD is so good to me.

Outside my house, fixing a neighbor's trailer is the mobile RV fix it man. Gotta go wrangle him for my heat!

BYE!

Update: Shane is our new bestest friend. For a mere $90 he has fixed all my RV issues (and figures that I'd have a few....trailer was way too much of a good deal for it to be perfect): faulty water value fitting? fixed.... clogged up tiny little hose for water heater (which we thought was a much needed new heating element)...fixed and last but not least, adding in a new "hot rod" which will convert our water heater from a propane (we pay and it can get expensive) to an electric (hello....included in our lot fee). So how seriously lucky I am that my neighbor stood up the mobile RV fix it guy, cause this saves me a lot of hassle! BLESSING.