Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, January 16, 2011

Various Ponderings, just cause I can....

Children are blessings that will warm and break your heart. Sigh.....praying and lifting up my oldest as she makes simple bad choices over and over. That said, she came straight home and told me straight up that she'd watched Twilight, even though it's off limits to her. Sigh.....knowing it was off limits yet did it anyway, to which she said, I didn't understand it at all. Well sweetheart, that is why it was off limits.

Church was amazing today. New church two blocks from house, we previously understood it to be traditional penecoastal so it wasn't until just recently we realized it was our new home place open to anyone and everyone. Non-denominational, spirit filled church. Today's lesson was simple....we have to outgrow things to grow into things. And the best line of the sermon that really spoke to me and came home with me was simple: Blessings are a door with a sign that says PUSH. Nothing falls in our laps and trails/tribulations are a given but if we put effort into the areas of our life and walk on faith, the Lord has our back!

The last classes of my school are really dragging on me. Can't decide if it's because I'm at the end and ready to be done or if it's cause I'm at the end and it's almost over. What a journey my schooling has been for me! So very glad that I'm progressing finally and that paper is in reach.

Confession: I ordered HBO today for $5.00 a month just so I can watch the final season of Big Love which premiers tonight. Cause it's a guilty pleasure! Being stranded in Utah for three years is actually not the reason I love that show, we were hooked the first season before we even moved to Utah. While that show is obviously dramatized and out there, the entitled mentality and better than you attitude is REALITY for Utah and those they consider outsiders. There are a few there who obviously are not of that school of thought but it's damn rare.

I about wet the couch watching Dave watch an old Bill Cosby Himself show earlier today. He laughed till he was wiping his eyes, pointing at the tv and gasping for breath! The man really amuses the heck out of me. I love him, simple as that.

Dave and I have embraced a total, completely out of the ordinary freak of nature: we switched sides of our bed. Um, seriously for the past 14 years he's had the same one side and I've had the other. Except, last week he wanted to stay up and read for once but the bedside light is on my side of the bed so he proposed a switch. I think we both sat there quietly in shock then was like , um okay. It's become official. Turns out he doesn't HOG the entire bed (yet) and I have surprisingly more room. Plus, the dog hates change and he's still sleeping on the edge of that side of the bed, spooning with Dave now instead of encroaching on me. Woohoo....

The little one broke down in crying concern during a trip to Sears to buy Dave some new work boots. Stay with me here: our shoe deptment clerk was foreign with a THICK and heavy accent but was so stinking sweet and helpful! It took alot of concentration to understand the guy but he helped us find the perfect. So after we find the boots that Dave needed, Dave shakes his hand and with alot of enunciation asks if he's from the Phillipians? The kid just was like what? Then finally, no Napal. And they talked about the area and then we left. While Dave was checking out, I told Duchess that I was totally going to visit Napal one day once she was off to college. The kid freaked. #1: what if I need you? you have to come visit me all the time.... #2: I worry about you cause bad stuff happens to you all the time (eyeroll) and #3: you're weaker than daddy! (wtf?)

And on that note, gotta run: Dave is giving the oldest a "talk" on how he'll kill someone for disrespecting her.... i.e. she can do anything a boy can do etc..........wow, love hearing my alpha male break it down to my sweet daughters how he will fight the world for her right to equal rights.