Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I heart truck stops

Oh boy are my country roots showing, but I seriously heart a truck stop. Any big truck stop. If we're driving, I beg Dave to pull over. I love the lights, the rigs, the shiny clean bathrooms, the nifty little "life on the road" gadgets. And the food, really do I have to get into the merits of the food? Flying J and Petro are my favorites. The little diners inside are like a magic bandaid.

So can you even begin to imagine how many times I've driven right down the road to the big ole shiny truck stop?

I get change for laundry there (yep, we be Rv-er's with no w/d in our trailer), I get fountain drinks there when I need a pick me up, I eat there with the kids when we don't feel like cooking, I get diesel there for his truck, I get gas there for my car, I get batteries for the game controllers there, I still get carded there for my cigs.

The ladies inside know me and the kids by name.............and they always stop and want to know what in the world we've done today, cause "you guys are just so busy!".

How could you NOT love a big ole shiny truckstop?

Now excuse me, but I need diesel, a fountain drink and a snack before I start my errands, so I'm heading...........well you get the idea.