Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Day Blues

I remember my first day of 3rd grade. I walked to school that morning with my mom and I was wearing the most awful polyester lime green outfit, cause that was what kids wore back then. It was a good day, nothing dramatic and nothing horrible, just another day.

Now Princess can't live without the drama so her first day of 3rd grade was anything but another day....

After staying up last night to add money to her lunch account online, lay out clothes, lace up new shoes, complete info packet per teacher request, pack and label supplies and wash all that hair of hers....

I wake up to her not liking the outfit I laid out....excuse me? I am fashionable, I am! I know what looks good and what doesn't, turns out she didn't want to wear the shirt tucked in and the belt....with the skort. Okay, so ditch the belt...then the skort falls to her ankles, not good. Skinny little thing, she is.

So I let her pick out something else, then when she did the Urkle pants thing, I changed that quick....no child of mine will look like that! So I then put her in a striped shirt with plaid pants and a pink belt....she took one look in the mirror and burst into tears....

Then quickly put the original outfit back on. We made up over me fixing her hair and we skipped to the bus stop hand in hand (seriously, shut up!) me in my high heels and her in her cute new shoes.

Now, why I got upset over this, I have no idea. It took a few hugs from The Man who walked in on the whole mess to get over the fact but I then felt fine....

What really bothers me is that I saw myself clearly this morning....I am that person who gets up every morning and tries on 8 things before I finally throw my hands up and leave the house....frustrated.....and now my daughter is clearly following in my footsteps!