Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, May 28, 2010

Send Help

My husband's job with the new company got pushed back till next Tuesday as his start date, so we have a week with daddy. Hence, no blogging. The man has this fascinating ability to keep me far away from my computer. It's a gift, a talent...almost like the way Princess can burp like a man without warning and rattle windows, a talent.

But with all this Dave time, I had no choice but to drag my butt into the gym yesterday afternoon to start my workout. It was a pitiful thing, because before I had to go we spent the morning gutting our rv of clothes we don't wear and things we don't need. We had two huge bags for Goodwill, go us. However it was during this purge that Dave got a look at my clothes. I really meant it when I said I kept it lean. A former clothes horse, I have the following clothes:

1 pair of jeans
1 pair jean capris
1 pair cargo shorts
1 pair running shorts, not fit for public consumption as they show my butt when I bend over

1 pair hiking boots
2 pairs flip flops

2 hoodies, cause I'm always cold
6 tshirts of various styles, shapes, colors
2 tank tops
2 church shirts to wear with jeans to church

That is it.It's no wonder why my clothes all fit in one little cabinet and one little mini closet but he realized that I have no gym clothes. Now before about 5 years ago when I'd hit up the MCRD gym everyday after work, I wore old shorts and t's to the gym. This time, he drug me to Academy and put me in a dressing room with about 600 bucks worth of clothes to try on. WHY is exercise clothes so expensive? So I tried it all on and said no. I got one pair of cheapy workout capris, one pair of biker shorts (ohhh like I wore on drill team forever ago) and another pair of those nylon runner shorts oh and a new sports bra. That's it. I'm wearing my tshirts and I'm not toughing it out. Although I did get actual sneakers too. But then it was torture time. I hit the gym.

And was promptly lost. Intimidated and self-conscious. I had a little list from Dave of what to do. So I did my mile on the treadmill and then I got a little lost in the machines looking for what I was suppose to do. So after all is said and done, I spent an hour and 15 minutes working out and 45 in the shower, go me.

But I get home and he starts banging his head on the wall. I was suppose to do arms chest yesterday and inadvertently did back, using all the wrong machines. Hopeless. And I can't move properly this morning.

And I woke up sore and starting this blog post for him to come hopping in from his 5 am workout this morning. And as I sit all shriveled up in pain, he sweetly hugs me and tells me to get dressed...so I'm hurrying now.

Cause he got me 5 sessions with a trainer, beginning at 9. I'm suppose to look for the trainer who is huge with an afro.

OMGAWD....could someone pray for me.

I gotta hurry and leave. So someone can kill me this morning, cause my husband paid them to.