Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Be Better

You wanta know why?

Cause after carrying around my grumpy arse mood I sent an email to a friend who I like to think of as "my jimmy cricket on my shoulder, laughs with me at jokes when noone else finds them funny and then snorts as I laugh and cry at the same time, has a pysch degree so knows what she is talking about, loves Jesus with a passion that helps her to mentor me well" friend.

And with a few soft spoken words reminded me to put my faith in God and rebuke the devil trying to load me with doubts.

I sat alone for a minute and said a quick prayer and in about an hour, poof the mood was gone without me noticing it and my day went on as usual.

Then my momma called during her hectic inventory day and her happy voice lifted my spirits high. Then my girl Case and I chatted and I always feel like I siphon off some of her happy attitude whenever we talk, she is my always cheerful friend.

Then my kids made me cards and were angels.

And then my husband went to the store after dark and got me a Coke Zero just because.

I'm blessed. And like everyone else, even Susie Sunshine me hits a wall sometimes. I like to think it's because it gives me a chance to appreciate the support system I have around me.

Going to snuggle to my husband, which adds another layer of joy to my life. Six months ago, I couldn't do that every night.

14 days till mommy week.....not that I"m counting or anything.....