Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, May 9, 2010

Can Your 7 year old Grind?

Cause my 7 year old can grind...we haven't started welding yet as we think it's a little too young. Since my peeps are all poxy and church was out of the question, as was swimming and hiking and oh about everything we could think of....we schooled today. Dave jumped in and helped teach school and then went and bought his toolbox for his truck after grocery shopping for me.

(TMM note: since we are doing the total money makeover, I had money in savings for a toolbox for him for father's day. Excuse: he literally pulls our current home, aka: rv, from job site to job site so he needs alot of tools and I'm TIRED of them being all over our rv, hence he needed a toolbox for the Ford. Also, we bought used out of the classifieds spending only 200 instead of 950 for a new one. GO US!)

So once we got fractions, language, handwriting, bible verses, compound words and prefixes, phonics and science out of the way, he let the kids help him grind down the truck bed to make the box a perfect fit. They are so cute out there in their little rainbow colored tiered skirts and ponytails grinding with Daddy.

I'm gonna list this under "SHOP" in our curriculum I think.

On another homeschool note, I'm thinking of moving to UNIT teaching on history and science. I've noticed that Duchess is always very interested in whatever Princess and I are discussing so we're gonna pick themes for these subjects and I'll work to make sure they both have grade appropriate work to go along with. More work for me, but happier kids I think. History and science can easily get boring so I think this will make things more fun.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go remind them they need to start dinner, cause hello, it's Mother's Day. Happy M Day peeps.