Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, May 2, 2010

Yet More Random...This Is My Life

I'll go ahead and apologize now, but seriously life around here is random random random. But frankly, I'll take it!

So a beautiful new facet, a new air filter cover and ant bait to fix our tiny little visitor problem. Because my husband is the shiznik peeps. I can't say enough about this man of mine, I so heart him. Plus he got him a big ole envelope with his national crane licenses in it so he be nationally legal. Collecting certs and becoming a man of all oil trades, go baby go.

My kids are fixated on the idea that their daddy needs to make a video and try out for Survivor. Because it's our favorite tv show, we have a seriously small life circle peeps. Anywho, they are all about the daddy doing this. They also like the idea of Daddy and Uncle J trying out for Amazing Race. Both of the boys are hunters, can live off the land, and frankly they take no prisoners. Their best features? They have the driest sense of humor. I personally think that Dave would rock at either but he swears his lack of people "patience" is what would have him kicked off either show. They keep bugging him with video ideas, so far he is resisting. He may have a point.

Because I have the horrible habit of sharing gross things, I have to tell you this. When I was removing my AC filter out of the ceiling to measure it for a replacement I had children under foot and a dog running circle around me cause he was afraid we were leaving without him and Dave was attempting to get us out the door and get this pony show on the road when it happened. I pulled it down and then I went into panic mode. Cause peeps we live in a travel trailer RV, it's small and compact and it's mobile right.......so I literally threw my children out of it, sending them to the car as to not witness the corpse. Dave thought I'd lost my mind but I drug him over to witness and to remove it. There in the AC vent was the corpse of a green little cute lizard. Not only a corpse but it was stuck hanging upside down, it's little head flung back, tongue out to the side and it's two little lizard hands flung out to the side.

Now, to fully understand my hysteria, you have to know that on our nature hike last weekend we ran across a similar little green lizard on a tree. Duchess ran over to "talk to the Geico lizard" and when it scampered away, she yelled at it "wait I can save you money in 15 minutes".

So seeing a replica of the Geico lizard hanging in my AC unit freaked me out. Little sucker was hanging there like "oh man, I almost got in". Dave removed the corpse and with no ceremony tossed him in the yard. Other than a few smirks in my direction it wasn't mentioned again.

Until we were watching Tombstone on TNT earlier when a Geico commercial came on and the cute talking lizard got sucked up a mail slot. I literally gagged and Dave could barely choke out "maybe that's how he got up there". I have this horrible feeling that I will see this little guy in my sleep tonight.

URGH........

I'm no daisy, no daisy at all.

However amusing I am to my sweet husband, he too manages to do things that amuse the hell out of me. Today I realized that the man has "errand ADD". He, like most guys, will stop and go get supplies in the middle of a project. Today whilst working on my leaky faucet he headed out to grab a replacement by himself, us girls stayed behind to get some stuff done. With the water turned off, we waited for his return. And we waited and waited and waited.....and he calls... turns out the place where he went to grab a replacement was down the road from a shop his buddy recommended. It turns out it was a good shop, where we'd get a great deal on tinting his windows. So he came home a couple hours later, with a new faucet and a gorgeous tint job on his truck. And an appointment for my car on Tuesday to get the same. How have we managed to go this long without tinting my windows? I've been driving my car for four years and I'm finally getting tint. I'm excited.

And if I don't stop watching "The Office" on netflix and blogging I'm never gonna get this dang brief written ....