Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, May 8, 2010

Best Laid Plans

So you want to see the Lord laugh, make a plan. I'm sure he was chuckling this morning when I got everyone up at the crack of dawn for breakfast and to start school.

Cause then I got a good look at Duchess's back, and her front, and her bottom. Either my baby is having an allergic reaction to something or she has the chicken pox. Good gravy. But before we came to the conclusion it was chicken pox (???) or allergies, we thought she'd gotten attacked by the baby ants that seek us out for sugar and/or water in this Texas heat. We're constantly fighting them in the rv so Dave got up and went straight to the store for bedcovers, new sheets and I had to wash all their bedding. He also used indoor ant killer and let it dry while we lysol-ed their mattresses. I tell you, it was an interesting morning.

But while I had the chance and willing hands, I've scrubbed and wiped down the entire inside of the rv, we hit up the rv store and are replacing filters, bulbs and anything that looks remotely old. It's a banner day here in the Griswald rv house on wheels.

So in case we do have the pox of the bak-bak variety, we'll be skipping church tomorrow and schooling. Cleaned and medicated to the hilt.

Go ahead, I dare you...make a plan.

Update: Princess is now sporting the bumps as well. Crap.