Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, May 7, 2010

Land of Oil

Welcome to Beaumont Texas, home of the Spindletop Gusher of the early 1900's. It's an oil town still. Unlike Tulsa (a previous home of mine where I met my gorgeous husband at a gas station), Beaumont is still a booming oil town. Except it's not all fancy and old sprawling homes, it's a middle class town through and through. Everyday at 5 p.m. you can tell when the refineries let out as travel increases 75%, every grocery store in the area is flooded with guys (and some girls) in their FRC's (flame retardant clothing). And can I just say that my guy was born to wear FRC's, nobody wears a pair of FRC wranglers and denium shirts like my guy, yum! Off subject, sorry.

Anywho the point of this little ditty is that it's appropriate that I'm currently located in Beaumont Texas, home of oil. Cause after 32 years of dealing with my acne, I decided since I'm going off sugars and wheat and finally getting healthy after my girlie surgery....I went for it. Since I have no uterus (go ahead, admit you just threw up a little in your mouth), I'm an easy candidate for acutane. So I'm in my 3rd day of it. And I'm producing more oil than one of the refineries around here. Good grief. What a mess! And sorry peeps but you get dragged along cause I tend to be really real. So yeah, they said I'd be super oily during the first couple of days but afterwards the dry spell would begin. I woke up this morning and it's insane how shiny I am. And my sweet dear husband just smiled and played blind when I pointed it out, gotta love a smart man.

And now I have to get school going, I feel like I can start my day better after sharing my gross oil producing secrets with the world.