Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Can...When I Want 2

There are times when you get a sandwich and like it at my house (cough-rv-cough). However, there are times when I whip out a really awesome meal upside your head. I like to keep them guessing frankly, and tonight is one of those nights. After many of the standard rv meals (grilled meat, baked potatoes, beans) I'm laying one upside their head...just to remind them that I'm the end all be all of their dining experiences.

Cajun meatloaf - spicy and sweet at the same time, dayum

Deviled eggs - my famous version with bacon and all kinds of pureed things you'd never guess

Rosemary rolls - gluten free of course

Salad with homemade warm dressing - just plain yum!

Then for dessert, fresh fruit torts.

(I'm blowing on my nails peeps)

Cause while I usually chose to throw something together at the last minute. When I plan ahead and do it right, I can make'em drool.

(hmmmm, this also sounds like my appearance on a usual day...hohum/usual day = jeans/shorts, tshirt, hair in pony or bun and when I plan ahead and put some effort with it...so what if that effort takes 4 hours plus.....I can make my guy stare without blinking. Wait, come to think of it, maybe it's cause I so rarely dress up anymore that makes him stare without blinking.....gotta ponder that.)

Excuse while I go finish off buttering my rolls and tossing my salad dressing together.

And tomorrow? It's homemade chicken parmesan...two good dinners in a row, they are gonna think something is wrong with momma.....it's all about keeping them guessing cause it's sandwiches the rest of the week ;)