Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, May 24, 2010

Princess for the Day

So Dave didn't work on Saturday like usual. Instead he woke up me and told me to get my butt in gear. I was to get dressed and in a quick.


So I threw on clothes while my husband and kids were gleefully rubbing their hands together.


First we dropped off my car, for a complete detail. Wow, I've had that car for 4 years and I keep it somewhat clean but it's never had a detail. Exciting. That and my new tinted windows, I'm one kept woman.


Second, I was told to find a hairdresser. So through some referrals from some other salons I found Lance. My new best friend who thought it was so cute that I was being "forced" into getting my hair that day instead of waiting when I had some free time that he gave me an appointment of a lady who never shows up. So I was to be there at 1245. Check.


Third, I was dropped off at a nail place for a spa pedicure. I was told to match my toes to my shirt, so baby blue toes it was. I even got the parafin wax dip. Interesting note to insert here but I'll come back to it.


Fourthly, they picked me up and then we swung by a local gym where I got a 99 day membership to see if it was something I really wanted to do. Guess he took it to heart when I said it'd be nice to have some mommy time each night, why not work in some iron too.


Fifthly, we then had to RUSH to get me to Lance. But we got there on time and they pushed me out of the car. Where for the next three hours, I underwent a transformation. You see, I was feeling brave and I was feeling tired of having to deal with hair issues every single day. So I did it. I went all out. But I really did it. I cut it all off and went super blonde. My husband and kids pulled up and all you could see in his tinted windows under the sun was his very white smile, I think he likey. Lance was pacing anxiously at the window looking to see if it was thumbs up....so cute. It's way different than I've ever done and frankly I so LOVE IT.
So afterwards, my people then loaded me up with ooahs and ahhhs and Dave admitted that he wished I'd done it years ago, cause he's always my long hair advocate. And sixthly, they took me to a Chinese food place where there was a GF menu so I could actually have Chinese for the first time in forever. Thank you google.
Lastly, yes it was only 5 pm at this point....they took me bowling where I kicked their butts with a 131 score. Not bad for someone who hasn't bowled in forever.
I came home and promptly collasped under the strain of this day.
Just to get up and start it all over again yesterday when I got churched, lunched, and dinnered while having a lot of fun family time. I don't know what is so special about my 33rd birthday but they truly made my weekend shine. It will not be easy to top this one and frankly I kinda hope they don't try.
So without futher ado, the new me......



Sorry about the pic but hey you work with what you can.....lol

Later: info about the conversation I had with the lady in the pedicure chair next to me....