Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Memoirs of A "Whelmed" Mom

Duchess coined the phrase "whelmed" at our house. Since sometimes she wasn't overwhelmed or underwhelmed (is that a word) so it's "whelmed".

And today I'm feeling very "whelmed".

I'm in the final countdown of my lastest semester. Which apparently in "teacher-ese" means overload the living crap out of your students. Add surprise assignments, email them follow-up questions, make that hour long test due in 20 minutes! Surprise, work for that A baby!

I'm "whelmed" with hate right now for teachers.

But I'm writing that extra paper on late adulthood and retirement. I'm doing that essay question on Keizen methods for target costing. Not liking it, but got a good grip on it.

Then I realized that in anticipation for my next class, I ordered the wrong school book. I ordered a teacher's manuel. I swear if it has answers in it, I'm gonna have a serious MORAL problem about sending it back.

I spent the weekend cooking like crazy to make my life easier this week. Thank you Jesus for that inspiration. When going through the list tonight I gave the kids the menu: tortilla soup, meatloaf, or roast. Princess: meatloaf, Duchess: all of it, can I get fries with that?

You guessed it, "whelmed"

The Man is well, just in another state, so I'm solo.

Duchess is running a fever, tummy ache and tomorrow I have another swamped day. I'm not real sure what I'm gonna do there. Poor thing, feels horrible and wants her momma.

Laundry is starting to take over the basement floor. I actually went through, dug out enough jeans to get them through the week and washed those. I suck :) but with a smile

Murphy smells. Need to get grass in backyard, as two days after a bath, he reeks of "I've rolled in the dirt mommy". Not cool.

Murphy has taken to sleeping with Princess, cause apparently he doesn't like sleeping in the choke hold. So I'm stuck snuggling to a pillow.

Princess wants to know why Lincoln was killed and by who and how and where and OMG, is it bad to steer her towards wikipedia?

And the last little piggy went wee-wee-wee all the way home.

Venting does a body good. Especially if you're measuring the amount of stress in your life by how many tummy pills you chew throughout the day.

Much love, but I have to finish target costing, later dude.