Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, August 13, 2007

Houses on the Brain

Well we've begun the "neighborhood hunt"....meaning, we've decided to start our house hunt by picking neighborhoods first....We've picked three locally....

Then I get online and find some houses I'd like....can you guess what these below all have in common?

A. this lovely has an incredible back yard (not seen here)...small but adequate....lovely trees and a veggie garden to boot.....Oh about 22 miles from my house

B. Mature trees and an oversized lot here......important when you consider the desert we live in. This is about 35 miles from my current home.....

C. Simple yet huge house! Baby has six freaking bedrooms! Hello you split level beauty, I could plant so much stuff in your barren front yard....to make up for six lovely separate bedrooms, I could have an office, my own room, an office, a kids' room, an office, another kids' room, and a workout room/office.....51 miles from home


D. She has most of what I want....except a big kitchen....note the upper balcony and the flag pole...sniff sniff....down right patriotic! I could live here, except the horrible mowing pattern in the grass is giving me a headache.....58 miles from here....



E. the house that I would built....this has it all, big ole yard, it is NOT a cookie cutter home...looks nothing like the rest of its neighbors...this is important as I'm not a cookie cutter person, ask to see my toe tricks! Back to the house....porch, landscaping that is un-killable! This is the house that makes my whole self sigh...if only you could see the inside pictures!...and it is a whooping 102 miles from here.....
So what do each and everyone of these houses have in common....
They all cost the exact same thing!
Which should explain how freaking cheaper the houses get, the further you drive from my community.....
And I hate a commute....
Figures, just Farging Figures!