Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, February 27, 2010

SCORE!

I am mommy, hear me roar. Thanks to a very grownup conversation in which both my girls acted like big girls, they finally agreed to retire the sad, torn old blankies and get new ones. Princess gave up hers for the above in pink and brown but couldn't find that pic. She named it "fuzzy". She's very pleased with her pick. We agreed not to say the words "woobie" in the store as it's embarrassing mom! But we were rather stealthy and got new snuggle partners for them both.


Duchess surprised me though. For my "not so girlie" girl, she chose the Zsa-Zsa Gabor blanket to replace her green blanket. The same kid who wears only ponytails, boots and jeans everyday went all female glam on her choice. She's named hers "silky" cause duh mom, it's not green. And she justifies having a blanket cause she can't sleep snuggled up to daddy the way I do. Since I snuggle with daddy I don't need a blanket. So there.
Points to my mom for taking time out of her to assure them that they could ship her their old blankets for safe keeping. No storage living for my kids' blankets, cause they deserve better. Obviously dude, duh.
With that said, Murphy has taken possession of a bunny that is damn near his size. It's his woobie.
We be a house of woobies. Geez.