Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm A Smiley Girl

So the man came through, Dave came home from work and promptly took me out for an amazing dinner. I had grilled shrimp and lobster tails, with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. Started my dinner with a big ole shrimp cocktail and an appletini. Life was gooooood. We actually got up and moved tables so we could sit side by side rather than across from one another and we talked.........we talked alot. We laughed. I giggled. It was great. The movie afterwards, was depressing as shit. Don't go see a movie about dead kids when on a date. Not cool. Thought Shutter Island was about a scary mental institution. Nope, dead kids. Not cool. We left before the ending cause dayum, buzz kill.

And now for a huge adventure, we are going "green green" shopping. If you know my kids then you'll know that they are huge fans of their security blankets. Their woobies. They only use them at night and when we are traveling in the car for long trips. And while they are now 11 and 7, Dave and I are totally cool with the green greens. Not a big deal, unless one is missing then holy hell. But frankly I act the same way when I can't find my cigs so there. Anyway, the greens are truly nasty. Frayed, holey and tired little blankets that need replaced. So today, we talked them into shopping for POSSIBLE replacements with the promise to ship my mom the originals to put into storage "for their kids". Pray for me.......