Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, February 15, 2010

Busy Days

Well one thing is certain, I do not miss working. Ha! Never thought I'd say that. But I've comfortably left my work clothes and heels behind for jeans, hoodies and boots. I'm so loving my new life down here. It's far from perfect but it's mine.

I got up first thing this morning thanking the Lord that the propane tanks had held out through the very cold night. Burrr.... Then in my adorable "hello kitty" pj pants I was unhooking the tanks to stash in my car when they pulled up. Apparently I forgot that I'd ordered an RV cleaning when they didn't show up last week due to bad weather. But boy were they bright and early today. Fun times. So I sit here snug as a little bug while they scrub and polish and shine my rv, cause honestly the peeps we bought it from obviously NEVER washed this bad boy. Plus I had somebody around to heave in place my filled propane tanks. Fun times peeps....It never hurts to do business in your pjs......

Murphy is the little love bug having the worst adjustment to his new house. There just is no room for running around like a crazy person for him. But we do take quick trips to the doggie park where he can go off leash and run like an idiot for miles......Run Forrest Run.......

School is moving right along. I've noticed (and others too) that their vocab is greatly improved, as is their reading abilities. The best part? My eleven year old (going on twenty year old) and I are getting along better than we have in years. It's insane but the more time we spent together the less attitude and drama I get. It's fabulous actually!

Valentine's Day was spectacular. Dave was running late for a Friday so we assumed he was working a 12 hour day but no......he popped in with gifts and cards. I have the most beautiful pearl necklace, so classy so amazingly perfect. He did real good. And truly pearls do go with everything.........cause baby, after church I wore it with my zip up hoodie, jeans, waders and etc when we went out in the mud to go visit some baby horses.........fun times.

But after all is said and done....we're loving the Texas weather which runs swiftly from thunderstorms to hot sunny days to burrr....cold cold winds. I love the changes. I love the people who are friendly and happy, I love the slower way of life.

How very blessed I am.....