Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, February 11, 2010

Roadtrip!

My dad had appointments back home so my mom flew in with him. Hence....ROADTRIP. Woohoo, cause I'm only 6 hours from there and it's been over a month since I've seen my mom and dad. So we planned a last minute trip and kissed Dave and Murhpy bye bye. And off we went....

We are ridiciously close to the Louisiana border so it wasn't long on our early morning trip that we found the land of bayous and moss........oh yeah baby. It speaks to my heart.

And my kids look really good standing in the midst. Which they happily did until they saw the signs for snakes, then those prissy girls took off for the car leaving me and my camera standing there looking like an idiot. Fun times.

Six hours in the car is fun. We take DS's, DVD players, ipods, books and we even do school on the road. But Duchess couldn't hold out. Her and her little old nappy green blanket took a long old nap. Waking up only to sleep walk into a bathroom, then back to sleep in the car.

So once we made my hometown, we stopped in to grab my Nanny's keys. Dropped all our poop off at her house and then we rushed over to Vicksburg, MS to pick up my mom and dad. One was standing at the end of the road, flagging us down and the other was standing guard on the porch with his bags packed ready to go. I think they missed us. But since we were across the Mississippi bridge we took time out in the sprinkles to visit the visitor center. A tradition any time we cross over that big ole muddy river.


Yet another family tradition. I've got so many pics of me on this cannon as I've grown up. Now I have a pic of my kids on there with me.


My mom and girls looking at the "old" bridge. The old old old black bridge is now closed to traffic but standing still. Beautiful. History. The river is soooo high too. That freaked me out. Only once before have I seen it that high. I can't imagine how it'll rise when the northern snow starts to melt.

OHHHHH a rare documented sighting of the Photo-Elusive-StepDad aka Daddy.


Another look at the mighty Mississippi.....

I pout when I'm losing...lol. Dominoes with the girls of my family. Fun times peeps. My beautiful Nanny and cousin Dana behind me. And no comments on my no-makeup face.

And I got to finally meet and bond with Luke, my cousin's first baby. Lace you've done yourself proud. That kid is such a sweetheart. I heart him alot and he likes his crazy auntie. We drool at each other and make funny noises and faces.
Then we braved a surprisingly cold morning for the local parade.....stockshow peeps. lol

With this guy singing country music before the official start. Princess took a million pics of him, wonder if I should start worrying.

Then we had the opening of the parade with the girl on a horse.

Go military peeps!

And lookie, a band. Our parade has shrunk since my days of childhood where local bands would number in hundreds and dance and rock out. But now, we had only one, but they did kinda break it down and dance a little. They saved the parade!
Now I'll have a few more when I get my cousins to get me copies of all the pics they took too. And while it's amazing to go home........I was so ready to come home. I missed my guys.