Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Heart Sundays

Sundays for the last three years have been about church, grocery shopping, and watching tv or yard work unless it was a day with Dave. It was the one day a week the kids and I had to catch up with our house stuff and really get things ready for the next week.

But since the almost two months since we began the next stage of our life (which we refer to as the "footloose and fancy" stage) things are a little different.

Dave works 6 days a week. He's on a set schedule. His alarm goes off at 4:00 am. Then again at 4:05 am and finally he gets up when it goes off at 4:10 am. He packs his gym bag, shower bag, and work clothes. Grabs his lunch we pack the night before and a microwaveable breakfast biscuit. Takes Murphy out then brings him back to snuggle with me. Then he's off to the gym, then off to work. He's home by 6:30 everynight to have dinner, school time, and movie time with the family. We actually get alot of time with him now, and it makes for a happy family all the way around.

But Sundays are the best. He's off every Sunday. We sleep in till 8 then we get up and get our butts in gear for church. Then the day is ours to do what we will.

Today we had the best time at church. We've been attending one branch of a big christian church family but due to the lack of kiddos in Princess' age group we drove a little extra and tried the branch down my Dave's work. Bingo. We met new peeps, the kids had a wonderful time. It was a great time had by all. Then my sweet loving peeps dropped me off at the local mall to try and get my hair updated to no avail. While I was looking into that, they went off to the gun show. Redneck much are we?

But alas, no decent place to get my hair done on a Sunday, even at the mall so boohoo. But my peeps picked me up where Dave promptly drove me to an outdoor store cause he saw something at the gun show that I apparently HAD to have. As in today, right now! Um since I got a beautiful pearl necklace and new study bible for Valentine's Day I couldn't think of anything I needed.

I was wrong. I am now the rightful owner of a sweet Ruger LCP. It is the most amazing lightweight gun for a girl. It seriously weighs about as much as my cell phone. I heart him. And now have enough ammo to stop a herd of elephants. Awww honey, that is true love.

And speaking of true love, pardon me I have to go admire my RV awning he put up to give us some rain protection and check out my brand new shiney TEXAS plates on my car!

May your day be just what you need it to be.....