Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh Hell

I did it. I can't believe I actually did it but I did.....

I cut off my hair.

I've had long hair for awhile but with life on the road and little primping time my ends were a mess and I sucked it up and told her to take 7 inches off.

It's barely past my shoulders and it looks clean and healthy but my dog doesn't recognize me. Let's see if my husband does.

But today during our service time, we painted nails and gave lotion massages to all the hands we could find at the nursing home. We had a blast. Duchess somehow got polish everywhere even though she was on supervisor duty. Princess and I had a little table set up and got to spend some time with our favorites. Yep, we already have favorites.

One such is Mrs. Orange. Who didn't want to get out of bed today, so Duchess went with a nurse and got her out of bed, even putting her shoes on her. Mrs. Orange was so pleased by that. Then she invited me to come visit her once she goes home next week and gave us a tour of her room. Her semi-private room that has not one decoration. When I asked her nurse about it, turns out Mrs. Orange's kids sold her house and put her in the home last September. They didn't bring any of her things and they hardly visit at all. No wonder Mrs. Orange thinks she's going home next week, I'd have to think that too if I were in that situation just to get through each day. My heart hurts for her.

The kids and I are thinking of "adopting" Mrs. Orange.........thoughts? Would have cause any harm? Since we are only temporarily in the area?