Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oh Boy Wednesday

Fun times are here......yippee....I'm knee deep in our taxes which have never been such a pain in my rear! If only I could blame Dave, lol, then I'd feel better but even exhausted at night, he's wadding in to help. A man among men, although it could have been that wild and scary Irish side of me peeping out when I "asked" him to help that made him say yes. ;)

So while doing spelling, cleaning the bathroom, prepping chicken for gumbo, and watching Pride and Prejudice, I'm reviewing tax codes in my head. Sigh......his new job opens us up to a whole new deduction nightmare, but it's working for us. After I file this bastards I'm gonna deserve a huge spa day! Hint, Dave, Hint.

Although in the midst of all of my tax drama, the children have gotten a little wild today which called for a mommy velvet covered hammer. It wasn't my fault that it was in the HEB parking lot, I don't choose the place just the methods! I am mother, hear me roar. But the best part, on the way home my dearest Duchess passes me a note from the backseat....

"Dear Mommy, I'm sorry I was bad. Are you made at me?"

Dude, the best part of my day......it was perfect spelling and punctuation! Oh boy oh boy! Good job to mommy's little first grader.

So now I'll take my puffed up self and scrub the toliet.