Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, February 25, 2010

Love on a Plate

Yesterday was a very busy school day for us peeps here in Texas. So when the late afternoon rolled around we headed up to the ole pharmacy so our med refills, some cold pills, and ziplock storage bags and a 30 minute wait next to a police officer who told Duchess that she talked too much.

So when 530 rolled around, I sent Dave a text:

"where u want eat?"

his response: NE where

After I deciphered that, I let him and his brother pick and we all met up at Johnny Carino's.

I am in love.

Not only do they have a gluten free menu, but they let me bring in some GF pasta and the chef cooked it into my favorite dish, shrimp scampi.

I have tell you how wonderful it is to be in a restaurant where I can eat something I didn't cook. Oh my mercy, I just love it. It makes me all happy and giggly. Yeah go ahead and imagine me happy and giggly, it ain't a purty sight.

And I'm sitting here trying hard not to get up and heat my leftovers for breakfast.

I'm showing much restraint!

PS: restraint is my new word of the year: cause my taxes paid out and I just moved it all over to savings. I'm gonna forget its there! retraint........